GearStorm Forum

Author   Comment  
gesvol

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Not putting this in the bug section because I'm not 100% sure it's a bug, but I am stuck on the "Welcome" quest in the tutorial. The task is to gather iron and copper. I go mine the iron ore and coal and bring it back (I can't remember how much was asked for, but I didn't think it was much, my last attempt I had over 50 units of coal and over 40 units of iron ore) to commander whatshisname. He asks if I have it, I say yes and then nothing happens (nothing happens if I say no either).

The game seems to recognize that I do have iron and coal, because if I drop the items and go back, then the only option is to select "no..." when asked about it. But other than that, nothing. Any ideas?
GodParticle

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I think you are supposed to go use it in the fabricator to make some guns and ammo, right?  Does the commander not tell you to do that?
OliverSullivan

Dev
Reply with quote  #3 
He does have you craft at first, to create your first weapon - but he gives you some materials for that task. I too could not Turn In the 5 Iron 5 Coal after being sent to get it.
gesvol

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
As OliverSullivan mentions, it is the next task after you've made your weapon. Something to do with having to replenish your supplies as I recall. His comment confirms what I thought though, it wasn't much iron and coal at all, so it's not that I didn't have enough. It might be a bug (at the very least, it's not clear what you are supposed to do once you go get the items).

GearStormTrooper

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Yes,  that quest is under development.  The next release should finish that quest up and introduce a few more.

Have you used the Quest Journal?  I'll make sure to put some more information in there as well if you think it'll be useful.
OliverSullivan

Dev
Reply with quote  #6 
Not used the journal yet - but neither will a noob going through a tutorial (like me) haha. Glad its an easy fix.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.