GearStorm Forum

Author   Comment  
gesvol

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Just wanted to drop some notes on what I am seeing playing out the quests.

Duplicates in the journal: I have multiple entries for the same quests. As I mentioned, since I can't get rid of any, they are kind of stuck there.

GearStorm (64-bit Development PCD3D_SM5)  4_30_2019 7_55_42 PM.png Welcome Quest: May as well mention this now, as the screen capture above shows, the game does recognize I've completed Welcome, but it does not remove it from the journal.

The list of quests offered by various NPC characters also have duplicates (as seen below, Old Jeb, Trade, and Bandits Take a Toll are listed more than once when talking to Mr. Thulie...not sure I effectively communicated when I said there was duplicates, I meant talking to a single individual, not that different people may have  some of the same quests, which I think is fine)

GearStorm (64-bit Development PCD3D_SM5)  4_30_2019 7_56_47 PM.png  Old Jeb: Not sure when you said it was fixed that you meant now, or in the next release. But tried it again and it still doesn't work for me:

GearStorm (64-bit Development PCD3D_SM5)  4_30_2019 8_11_21 PM.png  Poor Jeb:
GearStorm (64-bit Development PCD3D_SM5)  4_30_2019 8_11_39 PM.png  GearStorm (64-bit Development PCD3D_SM5)  4_30_2019 8_16_09 PM.png  And by "Not yet." I mean he is now a decapitated zombie.

Strange Signals - Completed this one and the game did recognize that and it was removed from my journal, so this one worked exactly as expected based on discussions with you all.

Those are the ones I've done so far so just wanted to go ahead and provide some feedback.

gesvol

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Post update...er...update. Probably known but:
  • Can confirm that duplicates are gone both from the journal and from the quest choice lists.
  • Old Jeb quest now works as expected.
  • Welcome still does not hide after completion, but with the note in the journal showing it's complete, I don't think it's a problem.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.