GearStorm Forum

Author   Comment  
GearStormTrooper

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
Authoritative Bug List

If you have bugs to report,  put them here.  The first post of this thread is the authoritative bug list.  Use the below link.
==============================================
Active Bugs

The Active/Editable BugList is available here....

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Au8_bC9e5NK0hid1rstsFXEeGbse

===========================================
Below are Older identified issues that may be addressed
===========================================

Performance
Killers:
During Vehicle testing, we spawn TONS of Vehicle_Impacts (like 13325 in 2 mins)  don't know if they'll dissipate 

Uncategorized Bugs:
Sometimes Player & Zombies can't hurt one another
Vehicle entry did not work once.  Tried once and "attached" but didn't take control.
Building & snapping is very awkward
Npc Spawning piles up they don't push each other away
Mobs appear to face wrong enemies.  While pursuing old target, mobs will sometimes turn to face player and walk sideways toward old target.  Really dumb looking.
LAN play doesn't detect servers when internet is unavailable. This may have been due to different game versions and a false positive.
Clients start with doors closed, server with opened. After setting component replication,  it still has the problem.
When client activates droppod,  it phy's out of ctrl.  Likely collision setting not replicating.
Players are not being saved.  On exit you lose your stuff.
Ghost trees appear when trees are saved to savefile
Droppods need to disappear after a bit,  Droppod spam!

UI/HUD:Coherent
Coherent hud is absent on some computers
Recticle is off-center on some clients
Player stats don't always update on hud
Ammo Stats don't always update on hud
Resizing screen or switching to full screen screws up widget placement
Minimap clips into mountains
ConfigureHUD key crashes game
(Workaround,  Press "V" ingame to overlay the old hud.  This brings back healthbar and Recticle)

UI/HUD:Canvas
Update Flame Ammo Icon
Some Items missing Icon
Add Escape Menu

UI/HUD:Slate
Starting Menu Interface is garbage
Remove Option for "Free For All" in Host/Join

Terrain Problems:
Holes in water surface
Thin Cracks on client between Chunks
Titanium Purple screws up terrain textures
Shadows on some GPUs make terrain look faceted (not smooth)
SNET algorithm or Heightmap gives terrain a "Stair stepped" look on gradual slopes

Mobs:
TRex too Frequent
Mobs desync Enemy with Move-to destination, causing erratic turning and facing.  Set "Face Target Range" option on behavior.
Mobs spawned on the spawn pad don't move out of the way

Gameplay:
Player sometimes cant jump. Has to fall down to reset! Also, new thrust system didn't help,  it's broken on client and server.
Player not getting Map/Droppod option, works now but wonky as hell
New player thrust option has bad replication model, causes clients to jump higher than expected
Player can reenter the broken DropPod.  Can't get out when that happens.
Trees can be harvested without being destroyed, Infinite wood.
Need emergency menu exit button.

Building/Blocks:
Toggling block problem with Light Post
Cant connect next bridge section

Cant Grab/Pick-up doors/machines
Stairs suck, they don't stack correctly
Some Blocks load at wrong scale,  looks like a multiplicative scale on save/load

In-Progress/Watch List/Temporary Workaround

Fabricator doesn't have correct items
Zombie spawning didn't appear to work on the client when far from the server,  seems to work in subsequent tests
Laser source doesn't work right for other players - Fix was to use Mesh3P on other player view as Beam Source,  Look at technique to set angle by player view and distance w trace for smoother beam
Rotated blocks dont place, stay yellow, dont go blue - I think I got this by transforming rotations to Quats before comparing
Some zombies are impossible to kill,  sometimes this happens to players too - Modified TakeDamage to avoid Health < 0 check
Player sometimes cannot jump, has to fall of ledge to reset - Added Thrust System
Player can harvest water from ocean - But needs effects
Game only lasts for an hour, then goes back to beginning screen after declaring winner - This was modded in ShooterGameMode to reset timer instead of restarting game
Floors placement too far - Allowed for distance setting
Snow appears between Grass and Sand - Snow is yellow and tunes lightness to address
Watch UDamageType:[biggrin]amageImpulse,  was throwing NPCs into space.  Set to 0 in XiDamageType parent
Zombies cant enter bases or step onto foundations
Splitting Ammo Stacks deletes one of the stacks on Client.
Pressing Escape in a compiled game screws up the mouse but doesn't bring up any menus.  Fixed but needs Esc. Menu

Flamethrower not placing fire effect.  Works now, but had to remove previous attach effect fix.
Clients load their own autosave on connect.  Now runs Netmode check need to watch.

I was killed, I think,  or atleast shot while trying to place a BaseCore.  Game Crashed. 
Sometimes Game Crashes when placing block,  Editor says in XiInventoryComponent:[biggrin]eductCostForItem.  Fixed. Was due to infinite Ammo Hotkey bug.
Zombie Spam is still a big problem. - Now, zombies only spawn at night

Closed / Fixed Bugs

Sand Stripes on Slopes - Fixed with Material Change
Need to Reiterate Weapons on Start so Slots match
Signal settings dont save. - Fixed
nacon

3D
Reply with quote  #2 
The main menu doesn't seem to scale appropriately to 4k:

20180110102712_1.jpg 

GearStormTrooper

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks.  Strangely,  that is Epic's code.  I'm surprised that hasn't been addressed yet.  I'll take a look.  Thanks for the help.

Now I finally have an excuse to buy myself a 4k monitor XD
nacon

3D
Reply with quote  #4 
Found a few more!

Player drops out of bottom of drop pod sometimes?
This happened to me twice, can't reliably reproduce.

20180110120538_1.jpg 
Terrain tool autosnap oriented the vehicle pad wrong?
Maybe I hit a hotkey that altered the orientation of tool, but this is the result:

20180110121744_1.jpg 
Exited vehicle, and it began rolling uphill backwards without a driver.
I didn't capture a video of this... but I had to chase the vehicle in reverse as it went uphill. Controls didn't resume immediately after I got in.

Research Processor doesn't work.
Unsure if it's a feature that hasn't been implemented yet; trying to use research processor results in the player freezing in place and sinking through the terrain. Escape undoes this effect. Reproducible.

GearStormTrooper

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks again.  I'm sure you hit the rotate key.  But all those others are legit.  Repeating the 4k problem will be difficult.  How'd you get by it?  Any in-game menu bugs?
nacon

3D
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearStormTrooper
Thanks again.  I'm sure you hit the rotate key.  But all those others are legit.  Repeating the 4k problem will be difficult.  How'd you get by it?  Any in-game menu bugs?

The 4k bug occurs when my native resolution is set to 4k, I work around it by downsampling to a lower resolution. There aren't any menu bugs at that point, in game or otherwise!
VandalHand

Reply with quote  #7 
Some bugs / improvements of note:

Make map (M button) available while in vehicles.

Change the name when looting a dead mob from Container to Corpse.

When in 3rd person using the ArmBlade allows for a "super punch" with the mob being launched far away.

Infinite stacking of weapons on the equipped item slot.
GearStormTrooper

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks everyone for the reports.  I've seen the superpunch.  Cool/not-cool.

Found some too,
- was just standing on a block when suddenly the player fell through and stopped colliding with blocks.  Terrain and vehicle collisions still worked. 
- NPC Guns don't aim at targets bullets fly off in all directions.
- Prone sneaking is 100% effective.  Mobs right on top of you don't see you.

hellohi

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohi

When I have items in my inventory and pick up a full container the Items that don't fit disappear. when I died by (for the 4th time) axadently herting someone and the guy in armor killed me I re-spawned, and exited and came back via the auto save but me and my items wher no ware to be found and they wher really important items! when can I get my items back???

GearStormTrooper

Administrator
Reply with quote  #10 
We're looking into these two issues.  There is already a fix in the works for the item container.  We'll also look at your autosave issue.  It's possible that the autosave saved after you died and then you reloaded from there.  That would mean your items were not saved, as the game doesn't usually save dead body drops.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.